Gotta love travel – new places, people and cultures. Tasting-life!
What dawned on me recently is that for me it’s not just about having the freedom to travel; it’s also about having the ability to design my ideal travel lifestyle.
From my experience over the last few years of being location-independent and consistent globe-trotting, I’ve pencilled my hot button list of must-haves:
- Access to clean air and good quality water
- Proximity to the sea or a salt water pool where I can swim, and where it’s safe to go walk-about
- Availability of good quality gluten-free, organic and raw vegan food (my top spots for these so far include Bali, Sanoviv, parts of USA and NZ)
- Exposure to local culture, perhaps even the opportunity to learn the local language
- And of course family and framily to savour (friends whom I call my family) in the area
So, I’m curious about your must-haves when it comes to travel – what needs to be in the mix for you?
It’s a valuable question to ask because I think we maximise our enjoyment and self-nurturing when we allow ourselves to be clear about the things that matter most to us. 3
Ciao for now ?
1The great thing about choosing where to travel is that you get to ask yourself what’s important to you. So, to figure out the must-haves for your ideal travel scenario, start by asking yourself why: “Why do you want to travel? Do you want to relax, have fun with your mates, reconnect with a loved one, switch off from work, learn something new, get a tan or have an adventure? It’s easier to decide where you’re going when you know why you’re going there.”
“How to Choose Your Travel Destinations” The Travel Hack (2015)
Fi Jamieson-Folland D.O, is The LifeStyle Aligner, with over 26 years experience in Europe, Asia and New Zealand as a qualified osteopath, educator, writer, certified raw vegan gluten-free chef, speaker, health mentor and Health Brand Ambassador. She loves to globe-trot with her husband Chris (NZ, Australia, USA, UK + Europe and Indonesia are current favourites) relishing an outdoor lifestyle and time with family and friends.